Saturday, July 12, 2008
My second birthday.
On Aug. 4th 2004 I went under the knife to have my life saving Gastric Bypass. It was scarey but it really did save my life. I have lost enough weight that i can now enjoy everyday. No major complications from the surgery, thank you God! I went for a year on one heck of a plateua of loosing no weight. I guess what happened is i got comfy with where i was at and stopped trying. I had no weight gain and i think thats why i never really thought about getting back on tract. Well I have recently realized i have had almost a 30 pound gain so that was enough to kick me back into gear and get back on the right way of eating for me. I just finished week 1 of a 2 weeks protien only diet. Im cutting all carbs because there poison to me. I will after 2 weeks gradually put the carbs back into my diet but this time it will be more like healthy veggies and some fruits. Im going to really try to cut out all bread and pastas because i love them too much and they just pack on the pounds. Oh and im walking mon thru thursday. Not to much to start because its way to hot and its miserable. Im currently looking for a tread mill i can get rather inexpensivly. But till then i will walk in the heat. Its all good. My hubby is diving into the weight loss journey as well. He has not had the surgery because he doesnt need to loose over 100 pounds. But he is eating smaller portions and cutting back on bread. He still eats a sandwich for lunch but he has cut back alot... And he walks with me... He is amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment